The care of the gold. Simple and helpful tips
It is not enough to buy a piece of jewelry, you still need to know how to use it skillfully and with knowledge to store.
At least eight highly skilled professionals work to ensure that your RingStudio jewelry piece is not only ready on time, but also exceeds all your expectations. Your jewellery is made of precious metal and all precious metals are known to have one thing in common – they are quite soft. And now the appearance of your jewelry piece will depend entirely on how carefully you wear it. We have prepared for you a list of simple rules, following which you will extend the original appearance of your jewelry.
Please note that due to daily use and frequent contact with hard objects, rings scratch and fade much faster than other jewelry. This is particularly noticeable on rings with a flat surface (no pattern).
- Take your jewellery off before going to the gym or any mechanical work. The surface of precious metals is much softer than most household items and jewelry in this fight lose first. Chain or earrings are easy to catch during intensive work and not only deform them, but even cause yourself discomfort and pain. Gems can also be damaged. Although they are naturally hard, after cutting they become more susceptible to knocks and falls, and they can be scratched or even chipped.
- Avoid contact between jewellery and chemicals (when cleaning, washing dishes) as well as cosmetics. Some cleaning and cosmetic products (such as mercury, chlorine, iodine) may leave hard-to-remove stains on your jewellery. But most unpleasant, their particles can settle on the jewellery and subsequently cause serious allergies.
- If dirt has got into the jewelry pattern, put it in a warm soapy water solution (a few drops of dishwashing detergent or shampoo on a glass of water), wash with a soft brush, rinse under a jet of clean water and dry with a soft flannel cloth. If the dirt is heavy, leave the jewellery in the solution all day and shake it periodically. This recipe is perfect for rings with stones – they will return the same shine and beauty.
- Do not wear your jewellery on the beach. The sand scratches the surface easily (whether it is polished or matt). Also when bathing, the ring can jump off a finger narrowed by cold water.
- White gold jewelry is almost always covered with rhodium to give it more shine and whiteness. But, contrary to popular belief, rhodium cannot protect the product from external mechanical influences. And the appearance of scratches on white gold jewelry, as well as on any other jewelry made of precious metals, alas, is inevitable. As with any coating, rhodium is erased with time and the jewelry begins to acquire a yellowish tint. To avoid this, we recommend that you update your rhodium jewelry as needed.
But even if it happens that your jewellery has rubbed, scratched and does not look the same as before, you should not be upset. You can always bring them to our jewelry service, where experienced jewelers will return them to their original appearance.
The distinctive feature of our service is that we always try to repair the product made by the jeweler, who was engaged in its manufacture.